B”H
Dear Parents,
Shavuos + Math
Counting, counting. Every day the Purple Room Mathematicians
count the days of Sefira (the days from Pesach to Shavuos) using the counting
beads on their Sefiras Haomer counting cards. On Shavuos we go to Shul to hear
the Aseres Hadibros (10 Commandments) being read from the Torah.
The Purple Room Friends have been exploring groups
of/multiplication. The giant sefira counter in the classroom has 7 groups of 7
reflecting the 7 weeks of Sefira counting.
Art
The Purple Room Artists have been experimenting with different
forms of art. They made Puffy Paint art, squeezing paint from the bags to
create their own art. Geffen: The whip cream made it so fluffy. (The
‘whip cream’ was shaving cream! J)
On another day, the Purple Room Sculptors made their own
play dough and created Har Sinai with flowers growing on it.
Shavuos and Mother’s Day
In preparation for Shavuos and Mother’s Day, the Purple Room
children have been exploring the Aseres Hadibros, concentrating on the 5th
commandment: Honoring their Fathers and Mothers.
How do you honor your father and
mother?
Geffen: In the morning I
cook them breakfast. I make fruit and coffee.
Angie: Me and my Mommy put
some coffee so he can drink and bring him some fruit so he can get going so he
can work.
Jemma: I give them drinks in
the morning.
Rivka’le: When we wake it’s
really late ‘cuz I always wake really late. I won’t wake them up when I go in
their bed.
Davis: I don’t wake my
parents. If I have a bad dream, I just change it.
Leanna: When it’s time to
get up I am going to take a bath right away.
Gavin: In the morning I
listen to my Mom and wake up and brush my teeth and get dressed and put my
socks and shoes and go in the car.
Alisa: When I wake up in the
morning I only wake up my brother. I’m not going to wake up my Mom and Dad.
Naveed: When it’s the
morning and it’s dark when my parents wake I’ll open the light for them.
Bracha: If I wake up early I
won’t wake them up.
Shabbat Shalom!
Morah Perline & Morah Shayna
No comments:
Post a Comment