Translate

Friday, January 8, 2021

Shemos

 Dear Parents,

 

The Purple Room children were overjoyed to see each other after the Winter Break. Each had something to say about something they enjoyed over the vacation:

 

Geffen: I made fireworks by myself. I was just making one and my dad was putting on the fire. Only my dad made the fire. I was using a metal on a stick and then I used a special cup. I made a lot of them. I made some shapes: Star, pentagon, hexagon and a diamond.

Leah: The unicorn saw a ball. It was trying to get it. The ball was kind of freezing on his legs. The unicorn has strong hands to get it out and play with it.

Ronan: We had fireworks. My Papa got a lighter and he just did that. I liked the space one that had the eagle one on it. I made my own firework with the little one.

Naveed: We was in a park. And there was a seesaw with two twins. There was sand and a sandcastle. A twin made the sandcastle. The one who has a flower head. (He explained to me that meant curly hair.)

Jemma: I went to the ice cream place. It had vanilla icing and rainbow marshmallows and sprinkles and M&M’s. I went with my Daddy. He got me a special treat. And then he got me a smoothie. A raspberry one.

Angie: I like to see a rainbow because they are very beautiful. It was going in the water and showed up and made bright colors and I can see it.

 

Literacy

The Purple Room has been making up stories with the sight words on the Word Wall. They are becoming more familiar and extending their vocabulary.

 

Geography

During most mornings this week the Purple Room kids were piecing together the United States of America puzzle until completed. They know there are 50 states in America. They were amused by many of the states’ names … Mississippi, Tennessee, Alabama.

 

Math

Some of the Purple Room Mathematicians were working on the Montessori teen boards this week creating teen numbers. For example, when 10 beads are added with 6 beads it comes to sixteen. They noticed that 6 and 10 sounds like six-ten, very close in sound to six-teen, 4 and 10 sounds like four-ten, very close sound to fourteen.

 

Parsha

There was a lot of catching up to do to be up to date with the Parsha. The children were quite curious what happened with Yosef and his brothers. But they were so happy to hear of the big reveal when Yosef told his brothers who he was. They hugged each other and finally Yosef was reunited with his father Yaakov.

 

In this week’s Parsha they learned about Moshe who lived after Yaakov and Yosef’s time. They heard how a mean Paroah who made not good choices made the Jewish People work much too hard, like slaves. But Hashem heard their cries and sent a special person to take them away from Mitzrayim and Paroah so they could serve Hashem with happiness.

 

Song:

Baby Moshe was in the basket,
The basket, the basket.
Baby Moshe was in the basket,
In the river Nile.

Who put him in there,
in there, in there?
Who put him in there,
In the river Nile?

His Mommy put him in there,
in there, in there.
His Mommy put him in there,
In the river Nile. 

The princess she was swimming,
Swimming, swimming.
The princess she was swimming,
In the river Nile. 

She took him to the palace,
the palace, the palace.
She took him to the palace,
Near the river Nile.

 

Shabbat Shalom!

Morah Perline

No comments:

Post a Comment