Translate

Friday, November 15, 2019

Dear Parents,

The Parsha this week mentions a Mitzva the Purple Room is rather expert in: Hachnosas Orchim – Welcoming Guests. Avraham and Sarah, our Patriarch and Matriarch, set the bar for welcoming guests which they did with so much joy and enthusiasm. The Purple Room children surely follow in their footsteps as they welcome the many guests that tour our school. But this week they positively outshone themselves as they stirred and squeezed refreshing drinks for their parents. Showing their parents/grandparents to rest their weary feet and sitting in a [comfortable] chair, they then offered them a choice of freshly squeezed orange juice and/or chilled ice tea.

Song:

From North to South, from East to West
Avrohom’s tent was open to guests
Three malochim were sent
Each to do something different
A son you will have, Sarah was told
She laughed and said, "I’m too old,"
The next malach (angel) came to destroy S’dom
The third came to heal Avrohom
Chorus:
Avrohom ran to the malochim
To be machnis orchim (welcome guests)


Song:
Hachnosas Orchim – it means inviting guests
Hachnosas Orchim – It’s friendship at its best
Hachnosas Orchim – Invite a friend or two
Hachnosas Orchim – It the thing to do.

Discussion:
Have you ever had guests? What were some of the ways you can be helpful and welcoming to a guest?

Alice: Ask if they want a hug when they come in and out of the house. Also show them where the toys are and where the upstairs is and where the bathroom is. 

Ari: we could show them the bathroom if they need to go potty. We can also invite them to play with us. 

Mason: We had guests when I was four. So I don’t remember who it was. Run up to them and ask them if they want food. Like Avraham and Sarah did!

Roni: We had a lot of guests and I ask them if they want a hug from one of the kids. When my cousins came I asked them if they want to see upstairs. 

Zoe: I give them a blanket and sit next to them and also give them snacks and water. 

Hammond: If I see my Nana in my house I run over to her and give her a huge hug.

Literacy
The Pre K group is practicing the following sight words, a few at a time. The Kindergarten group is practicing all of them. 

the, to, and, a, I, you, it, in, said, go, my, we, up

The Pre K class is concentrating on recognizing the starting sounds of words phonetically. For ex: eh – eh – eh – elephant

The Kindergarten group is spelling words with the moveable alphabet followed by writing the words. 

Math
The class measured the trays they used for serving drinks to their parents using the Cuisenaire rods.

The children prepared playdo ‘food’ for guests and counted the items, focusing on naming a number at the same time that they pointed to the item.

Have a wonderful Shabbos!

Morah Perline

Morah Chaya

No comments:

Post a Comment