Translate

Monday, August 19, 2019

Welcome!

B”H
Dear Parents,

Welcome to a fantastic fun year of learning in the Purple Room! This week the Purple Room Friends have been learning about their new schedule as Purple Room friends: how to start the day, how to care for the classroom materials, how to care for the paints and brushes and many other procedures. They have also been reviewing the Alphabet phonetically (sounds of the letters), Alef Beis letter recognition and number recognition. They began utilizing their Journals for ‘Journal Writing’ with pictures and, some children, with words. The Purple Room Friends have been practicing signing in in the morning utilizing the correct pincer grip and writing from top to bottom.

The Purple Room Friends discussed this week’s Parsha (the Torah portion of the week) and learned how Moshe, the first leader of the Jewish People, wanted so very much to go to the Land of Israel with the Jewish People. Unfortunately, Hashem did not allow him to enter the land because Moshe hit the rock instead of talking to the rock, to get water for the Jewish People. The Purple Room friends discussed what they really want with all their hearts:

“I would like with all my heart…”
Eliyohu: … to go to Disneyland.
Alice: …  to go to Disneyworld.
Jemma: … to give Moshe and Hashem flowers.
Zoe: … to go to Moshe.
Rone: … to get a Poopsie Doll.
Ari: … to have the Torah.
Hammond: … I have all the things I want mostly.


This week’s Parsha also mentions the importance of recognizing Hashem and how much He loves us.  We remind ourselves of this with Tefillin and the Mezuza.

Parsha Song:

(TTTO Yiddish song: Rozhinkes mit Mandelen chorus, melody can be found on this link: https://www.chabad.org/569602)

We kiss the mezuzah and we show,
There is one Hashem and we love Him so.
When we go to bed and when we rise,
Our right hand covers our eyes.
We say these words to show Hashem is King,
We thank Hashem for everything. Shema Yisrael.
Shema Yisrael Hashem Elokeinu Hashem Echod.

Honoring our Fathers and Mothers is another Mitzva mentioned in this week’s Parsha. The Friends shared how they show honor and respect to their parents:

Roni: I help them make dinner.
Zoe: I do something what they say.
Alice: I do something for them like getting them a paper towel.
Eliyohu: I bring them their phones and get them a drink.
Tzivia: I wake up in the morning and help my mom make breakfast.
Jemma: I give them some flowers.
Ari: When my daddy comes in the morning to wake me up I help him make breakfast.
Hammond: I help them clean up the playroom by ourselves. 

Parsha Song:

(TTTO The Bear Went Over the Mountain)
Honor your father and mother 3x
Why?
‘Cuz the Torah tells you so.
The Torah tells you so 2x
Honor your father and mother 3x
‘Cuz the Torah tells you so.

Have a wonderful Shabbos!

Morah Perline
Morah Chaya

No comments:

Post a Comment