Dear Kindergarten Parents of the Purple Room,
Kriyah - Hebrew Reading
Kindergarten got to meet all of the Nekudos (vowel sounds) this week. They are hanging proudly in the classroom. They learned their names and the sounds they make when they are under or beside the Alef Beis letters. They learned the deeper reason of the Nekudos. For example they know that the Segol which has three dots stands for Avraham, Yitzchok and Yaakov because they are the Patriarchs of the Am Segula, the Chosen Nation that Hashem chose.
Kriyah was fun using gems or marbles to create Nekudos in slime that the children made.
Another highlight was the planting of many vegetables and herbs with the help of Nina the Planting Expert. The Kindergarten wrote out the labels for every item, tilled the soil, planted the seeds and watered the new plants. They eagerly await the sprouting which should begin this Monday.
Parsha
Some words Kindergarten learned this week were kinor (harp) and chai (alive).
Parsha Song:
https://www.chabad.org/608047
Yehudah said to Yosef, "I’m stronger it is so.
Please take me for a slave, and let Benyamin go."
The brothers knew what they had done to Yosef was wrong
Yosef sent his servants out, and in a voice so strong, said:
Chorus: "I am Yosef, is my father still alive?
Ani Yosef, haod avi chai?"
"Don’t be afraid," the brothers were told
"It was Hashem’s will that I was sold
Go and tell our father, to Hashem I am true
Take food and wagons, but bring Yaakov back with you."
Chorus:
Serach played on her kinor (harp), ‘Yosef is alive’
Yaakov was so happy when the wagons did arrive
When Yaakov saw Yosef after so many years
They hugged one another and cried happy tears
Chorus: ‘‘I am Yosef, my father is alive."
‘‘I am Yosef, my father is alive."
Parsha Discussions:
Yaakov had waited so long to see his son, but he was saying Shema and did not stop to hug him. What are your thoughts on this?
Nosson: He should finish Shema because Hashem is much much specialer than Yosef. When Moshiach comes we can ask Yaakov why he did that. Maybe he won’t remember because it was a long time ago.
Yosef was separated from his family for 22 years. How do you feel when you are separated from your family? Have you ever been separated from a loved one for a long time? How does it feel to see them again?
Vella: I would miss my family a lot. My Gigi. I saw her when I was a baby. She’s in Memphis. She lives there.
Nosson: Both of my Bubbys live in New York. One of them lives in Monsey somewhere. That’s my Grand Bubby. I never even saw my Bubby Edelman’s house.
Jonah: My grandpa died. But my dad is alive.
Shimmy: My Babushka and Dadushka, they live in a traffic place.
Please see the CJP Facebook page for pictures of the above and more!
Shabbat Shalom!
Morah Perline
This week our winter theme was hot chocolate. We used the letters in the words “hot chocolate” to practice forming our own words. We started with 3 words and by the end of the week we were making 8 words. It was a challenge, but everyone did a great job! We continued focusing on adjectives and poems.
We also started two new daily practices. One is our word of the day. We are introduced to a new vocabulary word and try to figure out what it means, if it is an adjective, noun or verb and how to use it in a sentence. The second is our math word problem of the day. We listen to a short paragraph and try to solve the math problem without any paper. We are doing amazing at this task!
Our math focused on adding plus 1 and making ten. We used cotton balls as marshmallows to practice our one to one correspondence and counting when adding.
Our new lesson in reading was sequencing. We practiced sequencing by talking about how to make hot chocolate. We also learned how words like first, next, last and finally can help when writing about sequencing.
I’m looking forward to seeing you at conferences!
Morah Kristina
No comments:
Post a Comment